I would like to start a book chat on The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson in February for Black History Month.  It is a lengthy book so the chat will more than likely extend beyond Black History Month.  Please let me know if you are interested and invite all of your English and SS teacher friends. :)

Book Info

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

Shauna, I think that is a great idea.  Ideally there would be a book club running almost constantly here.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to support you in this.  I won't be able to participate because of the speech season but I can help you promote it.  

Thanks Shawn!  This is actually part of our TAH Grant book chat.  I wanted to open it up beyond our little cohort as it is a great read.  Here is the posting schedule.  I will have all the discussion  questions posted at the start of February.I am really enjoying your book talk.  What a great opportunity to connect with teachers all over.

First Posting: 2/19 (Part I)

Second Posting: 3/4 (Part II)

Third Posting:  3/18 (Part III)

Forth Posting: 4/8 (Part IV)

Fifth Posting:  4/29 (Part V and Epilogue)

I will have all the questions for the book posted at the start of February to kick off Black History Month.

First Posting: 2/19 (Part I)
Second Posting: 3/4 (Part II)
Third Posting: 3/18 (Part III)
Forth Posting: 4/8 (Part IV)
Fifth Posting: 4/29 (Part V and Epilogue)

I agree with Shawn, Shauna - a terrific book for discussion. Count me in.

Glad to join this book club!  Asked for and received the book as a Christmas gift and have been wanting a chance to discuss with others.  Sorry to be a few days late with my Part I post...made it up by being the first to post for Part II  ;)

Thanks for joining us Sara!  We are glad that you joined in.  We have a super discussion going.

RSS

Like us on Facebook!

© 2014   Created by Angela Cunningham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service