Greetings to All,
I am looking for one Essential Question covering World War I in my Modern US History class. Do you have one you like? I would be open to any guiding questions you have on Causes of US Involvement, Wilson's War Message, Financing the war, Forced Loyalty, War Time Economy, Post War Economics, Impact on Minorities & Women, just to name a few areas.
I haven't taught World War I in years - since I switched from 11th grade to 8th grade but I always used ...
When is global conflict inevitable?
Why is global conflict acceptable?
What are the causes of global conflict.
Not much...but hope it helps a little.
These touch on imperialims as well, because we combine WWI and Imperialism, but hopefully this helps:
1) Should a Republic, like the USA, be an Imperialist Power?
2) When is it okay to violate the sovereignty of another nation?
3) Should humans always try to advance warfare technology?
4) How does the nature and purpose of truth change in wartime?
5) Should peace treaties be fair or favor the winner of wars?