"Are you on the AP Gov EDG (Electronic Discussion Group)?
So many helpful teachers and resources on it!
There's also a Google Doc account with tons of readings, activities, lesson plans, etc.
go to docs.google.com
"I teach low-income students of color who will be the first in their families to go to college. Based on a school-wide assessment, their reading levels vary widely, with some reading a the college level and others at an elementary school level. As I…"
"Areas on which to improve:
Trust: I work at a small and very trusting school that gives students more freedom than a lot of other schools. I had a large amount of yearbook money stolen this year, so will be much more vigilant and cautious about…"
"My professional goals for the summer are:
1) Find another Social Studies teacher in LA to collaborate with.
2) Connect with a teacher/classroom in another country.
3) Find a civic action program to connect my classroom with.
(I am going to Mexico…"
"This is a great question. I think my goals for next year are the following:
1) Do a better job of making my Government class engaging, with films/video clips, projects, simulations, and debates.
2) Interact with parents more and document this…"
Welcome to the SSChat Ning. I hope you find it useful. There are many great social studies teachers here to help you. Please jump into discussions and anything of interest to you. Thanks for joining. We're glad you're here.